Sound Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Sound permits are required for all amplified sound in the CIty of Santa Cruz.  There are two different routes for obtaining a sound permit, depending on your event.

  • If you are applying for a public or private special event, there is no need for additional paperwork as the sound permit will be automatically included in the permit process.
  • If your event is on private property and you plan to have amplified sound, you need to obtain a "stand alone" sound permit, which is issued through the Police Department.

Kathy Agnone, Coordinator
Special Event Permit Office
City of Santa Cruz
809 Center Street, Room 10
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
831-420-5011 (fax)

Special Event Permit Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday:  8 to noon and 1 - 5 pm.  Fridays by appointment.