Eileen Cross, Main media contact and Water Department (831) 420-5213
Joyce Blaschke, Santa Cruz Police Department (831) 420-5844
Janice Bisgaard, Public Works Department (831) 420-5166
Police Department Press Releases, click here
Fire Department Press Releases, click here
River/Front Parking Garage Entrance/Exit Changes during Restoration Project
The downtown River/Front Parking Garage structure is currently exhibiting cracks and spalls, exposed and corroding reinforcement, leakage from the upper parking deck, and substantial ponding on the second and third parking decks.
The objective of the River/Front Parking Garage Restoration Project is to extend the serviceable life of the parking structure by performing various repairs throughout, including concrete repairs, expansion joint replacements, epoxy injections, drainage installations, installation of a new traffic topping for the upper deck and ramps, barrier and rail improvements, and other architectural repairs.
Construction began in November 2017 and was halted during the holiday shopping season. Construction resumed in January and is expected to be completed by the end of March 2018 with construction plan as follows:
ENTRANCE RAMP CLOSED FOR TRAFFIC DECK COATING
- 2/12 - 2/16: Second and Third Levels Permit Parking Only. To enter use River St. exit ramp 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and follow flag control directions. After 3:30 p.m. no entrance is permitted, only exiting is allowed via exit ramp without flag control.
- 2/17 - 2/18: Second and Third Levels CLOSED. Exit via ramp only without flag control over the weekend.
- 2/19: Reopened entrance ramp. Closed exit ramp.
EXIT RAMP CLOSED FOR TRAFFIC DECK COATING
- 2/19 - 2/23: Second and Third Levels Permit Parking Only. To enter use entrance ramp 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and follow flag control directions. After 3:30 p.m. no entrance is permitted, and exiting is only allowed via entrance ramp without flag control.
- 2/24 - 2/25: Second and Third Levels CLOSED. Exit via entrance ramp only without flag control over the weekend.
- 2/26: Reopened exit ramp.
Fiscal impact: The project is fully funded in the Downtown Parking Fund CIP FY2017 budget under project River/Front and Cedar Garages Deck Restoration (c401508) with a construction cost estimate of $1,100,000. There is no impact to the General Fund.
Project Manager: Nathan Nguyen, (831) 420-5188, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contractor: Pullman SST, Inc.