Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation offers a variety of entertaining events throughout the year. Contact the Recreation Event Office at email@example.com or (831) 420-5273.
Coming up next . . . Food Trucks on September 29th!
Join us for the 2017 Food Truck finale in San Lorenzo Park - Friday, September 29th, 5:00 - 8:00 pm (in the Benchlands, the lower part of the park by the River).
- Theme is Star Wars! Dress as your favorite Star Wars character and enter a chance to win prizes -- plus there will be contests for the most authentic Star Wars costume & best Chewbacca sound!
- Featured local brewery is Corralitos Brewing Company and local winery is Storrs Winery.
- Bring lawn chairs, sabers & blankets and spread out on the green grass and open space!
- Meet your friends for a fun & relaxing night in the Park. Great for families -- bring your dogs & ewoks!
- Presented by the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation department, Friends of Parks and Recreation (FOPAR) and Food Trucks A Go Go.
- MAY THE FORKS BE WITH YOU!
Special Events Permits
Looking for permit information for large, public events? Please visit the City Manager's Special Event Permits page.
25th Annual Polynesian Festival & Aloha Outrigger Races
- Date: 08/20/2017 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Santa Cruz Wharf
21 Municipal Wharf
Santa Cruz, California 95060
Aloha Polynesian Festival and Outrigger Races - Sunday August 20
Outrigger Races 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, Polynesian Festival 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
11:00 - 11:50 am Tiki Tones
12:00 - Huna Wai & Te Hau Nui / Kuhai Halau O Kaleiokalaua’e
1:00 - Ho'omana & Ha'a Hula / Te Reva O Te Manu
1:30 pm - Outrigger Race Results
2:30 pm - Island Breeze Band & Kuhai Halau O Mehana Pa 'Olapa Kahiko
3:45 - 4:45 pm - Victor Ohana & Halau O'Mahina I Ke Kai
Join us for the 25th Anniversary of the Aloha Polynesian Festival and Outrigger Races! A fun day to cheer on friends in the Outrigger Races, delight in island-style music and Polynesian dancing and enjoy a taste of the tropics with "shave ice" and festive drinks. Vendors line the Wharf with unique items perfectly catered to the Polynesian theme. Sponsored by the Pu Pu O'Hawaii Outrigger Canoe Club. This annual event is a Santa Cruz classic. FREE!
Applications for booth space are available to vendors, exhibitors, Polynesian cultural groups and ocean-related organizations. Application deadline has been extended to Friday, August 11th at 5:00 pm to the Parks and Recreation Office.
Enter a team in the Outrigger Races! Register on-line (keyword search Aloha) or fill out application and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in peron or by mail to the Parks and Recreation Office at 323 Church Street. There are two divisions: Open and Co-Ed. Co-Ed teams must have at least two women per team. Early Bird discount deadline - Friday, August 4 at 5:00 pm, Final deadline - Wednesday, August 16 at 5:00 pm to the Parks and Recreation Office.
NEW this year, the team with the most spirit wins the Aloha Spirit Award! Teams will be judged on creativity and collaboration between team members. Teams will be judged 8:30 - 9:00 am at the Team Registration Booth. Who will be the first team to win this award?